Q: If my 2004 Nissan Pathfinder is showing a p1273 code, can you fix it?

Trying to get my truck to pass emissions. Got the exaust replaced and the O2 sensor. Still showing a P1273 code. How can this be fixed?

Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P1273 sets if lean operation is detected. There are quite a few causes but if you have already replaced the oxygen sensor, the ECM has to be cleared of stored "self-learned" mixture ratios, and the DTC has to be erased before you can render a judgement as to whether any further problem exists. If you desire, a certified Mechanic from YourMechanic can effect this using the Technical Service Bulletin published by Nissan that applies in this circumstance. If that strategy does not work, the other common causes of code P1273 in Nissans have to evaluated among which are: that the sensor harness is open or shorted, the circuit has a poor electrical connection, fuel pressure is off, there is a faulty injector(s); or there is a faulty air flow meter. To obtain a conclusive diagnostic, performed by a certified Mechanic right at your location, please request a check engine light diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this diagnosed for you and estimate the cost of the repair. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. If my 2004 Nissan Pathfinder is showing a p1273 code, can you fix it?