Q: Car starts, idles low, and dies

asked by on February 28, 2016

My car starts, but then the idling will drop down and the car dies. I have changed the master airflow sensor, and it was working fine. But then it started doing it again. Sometimes it dies while driving, and it will start back up right away.

Your fuel pump may be failing and the engine intake may have incurred some vacuum leaks. The system would need a thorough diagnostic check. I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come and test your vehicle’s stalling issue to determine what repairs will be needed to move forward.