Q: Car won't start or make any noise when the key turns over, but the battery has power because all my lights and radio is working.

Car won't start or make any noise when the key turns over, but the battery has power because all my lights and radio is working.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. This issue is mo...

Hi, thanks for writing in. This issue is most likely due to the starter. If the battery has full power, the starter is most likely receiving full power. If the starter is not working but it is receiving full power from the battery, the starter is likely faulty. I would recommend having a certified technician check your starter with a digital multimeter to confirm this diagnosis. If the starter turns out to be faulty, having it replaced will resolve the issue that you are currently having. Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest the necessary repairs.