Q: Front end, drivers side, loud banging and knocking.

asked by on June 24, 2016

My front drivers side has been making some loud knocking and banging. I hear when I go over bumps and sometimes just regular driving. I'll hear it when I turn right especially. I just had my drivers side bearing replaced last year. Not sure if the bad bearing could've done damage to anything else. I can feel the knocking in my feet through the floor and pedals.

You may have a bad strut or strut bushings or some other worn out front end part. I would recommend having a mechanic inspect the complete front end to isolate any problems you may have. I have seen struts and bushings make these kind of noises. I have also seen the axle joints make a lot of noise, but in this case, I think it is a strut or bushing.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr