Q: Speedometer broken in 2001 Nissan Maxima

asked by on March 21, 2016

My car speedometer is broken, and even the mileage reading stopped recording.

Speedometer is not working Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote
Speed Sensor Replacement $99.07 - $1306.92 Get a Quote

If your speedometer is inoperative this will cause your odometer to not work as well. This is because they use the same sensor to calculate speed and distance traveled. There is a problem with your vehicle speed sensor. It could be the sensor itself or something else in the circuit. I would recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect why your speedometer and odometer are no longer working and replace the speed sensor if needed.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr