Q: Body throttle wont accelerate when pedal is pressed, car starts at very low idle

asked by on October 03, 2016

Won't accelerate when pedal is pressed. Even moving by hand the body throttle. Changed new tps. Engine starts at very low idle and dies.

It is possible that the idle speed is out of adjustment. Many vehicles from the 1980s have adjustable idle speeds to improve power or fuel economy. I would recommend having the idle speed adjusted to the factory specifications by a qualified professional who is proficient in fuel system tuning of older vehicles. Typically, all that is required for adjustment is turning a screw but it is a delicate process and can be easily overdone or not turned enough.