Q: CEL - P2092 code

P2092 - A camshaft position actuator control circuit low bank 2b.

Is this just a sensor issue, where I need to replace the sensor? The CEL will go off and on every now and then with this being the only code coming up. Its been doing this since about 100K miles. Recently its been starting to hesitate when accelerating, especially when under 2K RPMs.

There is a high likely hood that the camshaft position actuator for bank 2 is bad. This actuator controls oil flow to a camshaft phaser which controls the engine timing. If there is a malfunction with the timing of the engine due to a faulty cam position actuator, you could experience drivability problems like hesitation.

If the actuator itself is not at fault there would either be a wiring problem from the powertrain module to the actuator itself, or the powertrain has failed. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic, they can come to your location and pinpoint which one of these problems you are having and repair the acceleration issue.