Q: Leakage on my transmission? 2008 Cadillac CTS

asked by on February 17, 2017

Ok I noticed a big leakage all around my transmission from every seal an every bolt and even the sensor and hoses and my car is starting to hesitate while I'm on the highway but the fluid looks to be orange like the one I use for my antifreeze... I have no leakage on the floor while parked or even running but it looks really bad it's all around if you know we're it s coming from can you please give me advice on here or you can even email me at john.chapa12@yahoo.com and I would be able to send you a picture to have a better understanding thank you talk to you soon!

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there - check all your fluid levels, but check your engine coolant level most closely. The coolant GM uses for your engine (Dexcool) is, in fact, orange - not pink as most transmission fluids. Engine coolant will evaporate, not necessarily "puddle" with a small leak, as you describe. Transmission fluid will not evaporate - at least not in our lifetime. I recommend a leaking fluids inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.