Q: My car is making a grinding noise when put in gear, and when i come to a stop, while my car is in gear, it starts to jerk

You hear a scraping noise coming from the engine when put in gear, and when I come to stop at a light, the car starts to jump and eventually knocks off, so I have to keep the car rolling to keep it from knocking off, or put in park at a stop and back in drive to keep going.

It is not clear if the stalling and the noise are connected. That is, you could have two separate issues. If the car makes noise when you select "drive", that suggests a torque converter or transmission issue. Check the fluid level in the transmission. If low, look for leak points. As far as the stalling, it’s possible that a transmission malfunction could cause the engine to bog down and eventually stall but you could also have a combination of a transmission fault and marginal engine operation (old spark plugs, fuel injectors with deposits, etc.). The first priority is to diagnose the noise as that is serious and would have to be resolved even before you considered doing a stalling diagnostic (no point in fixing the stalling yet if you first need a new transmission). To get this resolved, the recommended service is a vehicle noise diagnostic. If you request that diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will first find the origin of the noise and then explain your repair options in detail. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the absolute best possible results.

3. My car is making a grinding noise when put in gear, and when i come to a stop, while my car is in gear, it starts to jerk