Q: Blinker problem

asked by on March 07, 2017

When I turn on either blinker it doesn't flash until I hit the brake and the brake light come on then it will operate normally My 4 way flashers work just fine

Turn signal light is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. There may be a couple of issues going on. With this kind of issue, you will benefit from using a voltmeter to test the power supply to various switches. There are three components you want to focus in on. One being the turn signal flasher, which creates the ticking you hear, and switches the power on and off to create the blinking when the turn signals are used. The hazards also use this component. Secondly you want to check the turn signal’s electrical connection to see if there is an issue with multi-function switch. You will then want to check the brake light circuit to make sure there is not a short somewhere between the two circuits. Check the ground connection for both circuits as well, as a poor connection can stem from any kind of break or extra resistance. Only further testing will tell.