Q: Engine light comes on day after getting gas. Already replaces a leak in gas line. What can it be?

Sooo the day after I get gas, I get a yellow/ orange engine light that kicks on. The garage I go to has already repaired a leak that was in my gas line. What could this problem be? I do have a remanufactured gas cap on the tank. Not sure if that can fire off the problem as well. 2008 Kia Sportage LXV6

Hi Alyssa. Thanks for contacting us today. Typically if a check engine light comes on after filling the fuel tank, it’s due to a vapor pressure problem. This often is triggered by one of the EVAP system components. This system is designed to filter harmful vapors from the fuel tank. An older or incorrect fuel cap can cause this issue. Since the light is on, the ECU will have stored an error code that should indicate why the light comes on, so it’s best to have your mechanic complete a check engine light inspection to determine what needs to be done to fix this issue.

3. Engine light comes on day after getting gas. Already replaces a leak in gas line. What can it be?