Q: RPMs higher than normal

My 2009 pickup has a 4-cylinder engine. It uses 5-speed manual transmission. The issue is with RPMs. For example, if I drive at about 60 miles per hour down the road, my RPMs are rotating a lot more per minute than they should. At that instance, my RPM was 2500. Is this serious? Thanks.

If the problem has just started to happen and you have not changed the tire size or anything else then I would say your clutch is slipping and the clutch would most likely need to be replaced. If you feel it is not the clutch then I would have a mechanic come and check the problem for you.

3. RPMs higher than normal