Q: RPMs higher than normal

My 2009 pickup has a 4-cylinder engine. It uses 5-speed manual transmission. The issue is with RPMs. For example, if I drive at about 60 miles per hour down the road, my RPMs are rotating a lot more per minute than they should. At that instance, my RPM was 2500. Is this serious? Thanks.

A: If the problem has just started to happen a...

If the problem has just started to happen and you have not changed the tire size or anything else then I would say your clutch is slipping and the clutch would most likely need to be replaced. If you feel it is not the clutch then I would have a mechanic come and check the problem for you.