Q: Car misfires when cold

asked by on February 05, 2016

My car has a misfiring problem when completely cold. The Check Engine light also comes on.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

My first recommendation would be to have the Check Engine light scanned for the code it has produced to ensure that a misfire is the issue. Once the code has been pulled by qualified technician, they will be able to determine how to diagnose the issue from there. If the engine does have a misfire, spark plugs, ignition coils, wires, and fuel injectors are a good place to start the inspection. Once all of these parts have been inspected for proper function, have the faulty part replaced in order to clear out the check engine light and have your engine running smoothly again.