Q: Car overheating and VSC light coming on

My temperature gauge is going to hot. The VSC light is also on.

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

A cooling system pressure test should be performed to ensure that your cooling system can hold the proper amount of pressure needed. If any leaks are found such as a leaking radiator or water pump, these leaks need to be fixed before further action can be taken. Any leaks which create air pockets in the system can cause overheating problems. If your thermostat is stuck closed, the coolant cannot recirculate causing a similar issue. The wrong temperature thermostat can open and close at the wrong temperatures causing overheating issues. If no leaks are found and all of the correct parts are being used, a block test can show whether or not the head gasket is leaking which still cause overheating and cause serious engine damage. The block test will pick up traces of exhaust gases slipping through the head gasket and entering the cooling system. The VSC light is related to your traction control and ABS systems. A failed or malfunctioning wheel speed sensor can cause this, as can a broken tone ring. A proper inspection of your car’s overheating issue should be carried out by a qualified technician to pinpoint your actual concerns.