Q: I put the wrong key in my car and a few weeks later my car just shut down and it will not start I believe it's the computer but...

I believe the computer on my car has shut down I triedto get a new one but I don't know how to reset or set the computer and I'm not sure if it's my car computer see I put the wrong key into my car I kept hearing ticking noises but I ignored the problem week later I turned my car off to go into the store and tried to start my car back up but when I turned the key my car dint start I took it to a car dealership but they never fixed my car so I'm seeking personal advice PLEASE HELP or tell me how my car can be fix and what will I need and can my car be fix . Any one to give me information contact my E-mail @ Laylar960@gmail

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi there. What had happened is the wrong key set the security to the vehicle. This is to prevent the vehicle from starting with the wrong keys. Try removing the battery cables (+) and (-) for 13 minutes. During that time, put the original key in the ignition and turn it on. Activate everything in the car even though there is no power. Then remove the key and hook up the battery cables. The computer should have reset and reset the security. If the security is still being tripped, then I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you

3. I put the wrong key in my car and a few weeks later my car just shut down and it will not start I believe it's the computer but...