Q: Oil light flashes when I push brakes

When I pull over and apply the breaks in my white 2001 ford taurus a red light located above the emergency break light indicating a leak seems to flash. I just got my oil changed the other day. The car isn't overheating. I change the oil regularly and top off on coolant. They supposedly topped off on break fluid and windshield washer fluid as well but when I want to clean my windshield no fluid comes out. Anyway what could this mean and how much could this cost?

A: Hello. You don't indicate the mileage o...

Hello. You don't indicate the mileage on your vehicle, but a high mileage or poorly maintained or abused engine could have low oil pressure from worn connecting rod or crankshaft main bearings or a clogged oil pump pickup screen. It is also possible the oil pressure sending unit or switch has become weak and is failing - triggering the low oil pressure warning in error. I recommend having a qualified professional, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the Oil Light firsthand so that the proper repair can be done.