Q: Bad idle air control valve

I recently had vehicle computer checked and it came up with lots of error codes but recommended replace iac valve. I want to know if the valve made the other error codes come up cause its bad and will it fix aome of the other error codes.

A: Hi there. I would need to know what the cod...

Hi there. I would need to know what the codes are to know if they are related. The idle control valve failing can cause other codes to come up, but there are other problems and codes that can come up that can cause an idle control valve code to show up. Most of the time these are both related to a vacuum leak. If any of the hoses are leaking allowing extra air into the engine then this will occur. I would need to scan the computer for codes first to see what is going on with the codes and then I can proceed from there. If you are thinking of having this checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the engine light thoroughly and verify the needed repair so that this can be resolved.