Q: locks up at high rpm then able to free up and run again

I have a 2002 ford courier (ford ranger) 2.6L 4x4 ute. When i rev the engine up to roughly 4000 rpm, either in neutral or any gear, I get a loud squealing grinding noise and then the motor seizes up.. Then it will not turn over again. The starter just goes clunk once and wont start.

But, If Ithen put the car in 5th gear and rock it back and forth i can free up the engine and it will start fine and idle/drive fine until i get to high rpm and the same issue occurs..

Once the noise starts if I quickly turn the motor off it will not seize and i can start and run fine until the revs get too high and it happens again.

any ideas??

The problem may be the transmission pilot bearing for the transmission input shaft on the back of the crankshaft seizing up or the input shaft on the transmission seizing. If it is not the transmission, then it is the internal engine camshaft or crankshaft seizing up and rocking the engine with the transmission loosening the seized bearing. Have a mechanic listen to the noise and verify what is failing in the engine or transmission in order to diagnose the car’s starting problem.