Q: Gas pedal won't press down

My car stopped working after the gas pedal popped. Now I can't press down on the pedal.

A: I believe these engines have a cable driven...

I believe these engines have a cable driven throttle body. If you heard a pop noise from your gas pedal, the throttle cable has likely snapped. The reason you are unable to press your gas pedal down is because it is most likely bottomed out against the floor already. I would start by opening the hood and looking for any obvious damages. The throttle body is located on the air intake system and is connected to the duct coming from the air cleaner box. If you can tell that your throttle cable has snapped I would recommend having the throttle body repaired as soon as possible in order to get your vehicle moving again.