Q: Heater making loud rumbling noise when on high 1996 Saturn SL2

Recently had my blower motor and resistor replaced by my usual mechanic I make appointments with on this site. Recently I've started hearing a kind of loud rumbling or growling noise while the heat is on high while inside the car, the noise goes away when I turn the heat down to a lower blower setting. This doesn't appear to be affecting the engine in anyway but noise only seems to happen when the heat is on high. Any help as to a possible diagnosis?

Thanks

Hi there - I believe the heater fan motor bearings are shot, and that’s the noise you hear - increasing noise level as fan speed goes up. These bearings are generally not serviceable, and the fan motor should be replaced. I recommend a fan blower motor replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Heater making loud rumbling noise when on high 1996 Saturn SL2