Where is the neutral safety switch on a 2003 Cadillac CTS...

Q: Where is the neutral safety switch on a 2003 Cadillac CTS with an automatic transmission.

asked by on July 11, 2017

Where is the neutral safety switch on a 2003 Cadillac CTS with an automatic transmission?

On your vehicle, the neutral safety switch (also known as the "manual shift shaft position switch") is inside the transmission case. To access the switch the transmission has to be lowered (slightly) and there is some disassembly required to do that. And, of course, the transmission pan has to be removed. If you suspect the switch is faulty, it should be first tested on the vehicle (no disassembly required for testing) to confirm that. For testing and/or replacement, please use YourMechanic’s neutral safety switch inspection/replacement service page and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.