Q: What does the Low Oil Pressure light mean?

What does the Low Oil Pressure light mean?

The Low Oil Pressure light on your dash looks like a small oil can, and it should light up under very specific circumstances. Here’s what you need to know:

1. The light should come on briefly when you crank the engine. It should stay on for a few seconds and then turn off.

2. The light may come on while you’re driving. If this happens, it means that the engine is losing oil pressure, which might indicate low oil, a failed component or another problem (such as a damaged sensor). If it comes on while you’re driving, immediately find someplace safe to park and have your car inspected.

3. What does the Low Oil Pressure light mean?