Q: My 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan was hit head on, totaling both vehicles. My airbags did not deploy. Can you tell me why?

My van was at an intersection. A car came from the other direction, swerved to miss a truck in front of me that was turning left and hit me head on. The force of impact knocked my van backward about 100 yards. The vehicle that hit me was a small Toyota car. Both vehicles are totaled. My airbags did not deploy. All four of hers did.

Hi there. To be honest, there is no way we can tell you why the air bags on your Grand Caravan did not deploy. In some cases, the air bag sensors are damaged due to corrosion or other electrical faults. You might want to contact a Dodge dealership to speak with their service department and inquire into this. I’m glad you are able to send us this message.

3. My 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan was hit head on, totaling both vehicles. My airbags did not deploy. Can you tell me why?