Q: Why does my audio system display “Enter Code”?

asked by on December 15, 2015

Why does my audio system display “Enter Code”?

Your car’s audio system is equipped with an anti-theft device designed so that if it were stolen, a thief wouldn’t be able to use it. It’s based on a vehicle-specific code that must be programmed into the audio system after power is lost.

You may be seeing the “Enter Code” message on the display for a couple of reasons, including:

1. The battery lost sufficient voltage that it had to be jumped off.

2. The battery died and had to be replaced.

3. The battery was disconnected for some reason.

You’ll need to enter the code to get the audio system working again. It is located on the anti-theft card with your unit’s serial number (generally found in the glove box, or with the paperwork from the dealership where you purchased it).

Tips

• Sometimes the radio code is on a sticker located inside the glove box.

• If the radio code cannot be found, you can use the serial number of the radio to retrieve your code from Honda.