Q: Stalling when gas pedal pressed down quickly or too fast also happening when stopping at lights and sometimes during idle.

Just purchased this 1998 Chrysler Cirrus LXI 2.5 liter V6. The car is stalling every time I press the gas pedal down more than just a little. If I two foot the gas and brake I can keep it running most of the time, but I have to be very delicate with the gas pedal. When I stop for traffic the car often stalls unless I keep the gas pushed down slightly. The car sometimes stalls while in idling in park, but not as often. The car often stalls as soon as it is shifted into gear. When I first purchased the car a few days ago the engine light was on, I drove it a few city blocks then about 10 miles on the highway then when I got back off the highway it stalled when I stopped on the exit ramp, restarted it and got it around the corner while fighting with the issue and ended up having to push it into a parking lot where I left it for a day. Next day it started and moved a few feet then wouldn't start again. Next day it started and ran a few blocks home while 2 footing.

Hey there. It sounds like you may have a mass air sensor problem or an intake leak between the throttle body and mass air sensor. This is a perfect example of why you should have a mechanic conduct a pre-purchase inspection. The inspection would have identified the vehicle has problems before you decided to purchase it. My best recommendation now would be to have a local expert, like one from YourMechanic, come to your car’s location to diagnose the stalling issue and have this corrected properly.

• Stalling when gas pedal pressed down quickly or too fast also happening when stopping at lights and sometimes during idle.