Q: There is an 04 Dodge Ram 2500 w/ 260,000 miles on it for a good price and it's mechanically sound, should I buy this truck?

asked by on April 30, 2017

There is a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 for sale at a very good price and it is the perfect truck, the only bad thing is that it has 260,000 miles on it. The guy took very good care of it and it passed inspection and the machanic so it's good mechanically and nothing is leaking at all. What is your input on it? Should I buy it? It will probably be the best deal I will find. I just need it to last through high school. Thanks. -Joseph

As you know, with any car the life expectancy of it depends largely on the maintenance schedule the owner has maintained, the driving conditions it is subjected to, the driving habits of the owner and many other factors. Often times when a car has had internal damage or even slight cosmetic damage, it may be difficult to tell without looking closely or performing an in depth inspection. As with any vehicle, proper maintenance schedules are a key factor to prolonging the longevity of the vehicle and avoiding unnecessary costly repair bills due to neglecting proper maintenance intervals. I would suggest having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your location to perform a thorough pre-purchase inspection prior to making your purchase.