Q: Thudding noise like I ran over something coming from underneath driver side when accelerating over speeds of 60mph

asked by on December 14, 2017

I have a 2007 Nissan Titan se that has had its 4X4 warning light on for awhile while driving. Last night it was snowing a bit & when I went to slow down at a stop light the brakes felt like I didn’t have any brakes for a moment at all, when I went to push on the brakes it felt like they gave out & there wasn’t any brakes like I was bleeding it. Ever since that happened when I go 60mph+ I feel like there’s a slight thudding sound coming right underneath my driver side near my wheel, almost feelings like I ran over something near my differential & keeps thudding when going that fast, any ideas?

Unless you are confident that the brakes are now working normally, they should be evaluated. As far as the warning light, typically there will be stored diagnostic codes that have caused the light to illuminate. Those codes should be evaluated in light of the problems you are experiencing; the codes might be relevant. The noise you are describing could be due to anything from a tire defect to a defective strut to brake interference to internal wear in a rotating assembly such as the differential, transmission, or axle. The thudding could also be a consequence of an unbalanced rotating component (axle, propeller shaft, etc.). To have all these issues looked at, and resolved, simply schedule a diagnostic appointment and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.