My air conditioner is not working on my 2006 Honda Odysse...

Q: My air conditioner is not working on my 2006 Honda Odyssey, do you think it is the clutch

asked by on June 06, 2017

My A/C went out on my van. My dad, who is great with cars, says he thinks its the clutch to the compressor. Is this easily accessible to fix? Should I pay to fix this or upgrade my vehicle?

Hello. It is possible that the clutch or the compressor is bad, but most of the time on this vehicle the primary cause of an air conditioning failure when the system is full is a bad clutch relay. The relay will fail and either keep the clutch from engaging or it will keep it engaged all of the time. If you need to have this diagnosed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the compressor is not engaging] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/ac-compressor-replacement