Q: Code p0010 camshaft actuator comes up, and mis fires. Just replaced intake manifold and these weren't issues before that.

Previous obd codes read p2004 intake manifold runner switch open. And another for minor leaks. Took the intake manifold out and cleaned/repaired broken actuator arms. Now that I have fixed those and put everything back together I am getting p0300 mis fires and p0304/p0306 which are cylinder specific mis fires. Also the camshaft actuator p0010. I have checked both spark plugs, all wiring and for leaks and still can't get the car to idle right and stop mis firing. Could I have a bad intake manifold? Did I possibly damage the fuel bars and parts on top of the manifold? Is there anything else I should look at before spending big money on parts? I have an appointment in the next three days but don't want to be taken advantage of. I have read online that timing could be off but I never changed it. Is that possible? Would changing the oil help for that was suggested online as well? Any help would be appreciated and I'll answer your questions as best as possible. Thank you!

Hi there. There are a few possibilities here. It is possible that you had a valve timing issue prior to working on the manifold. These engines have a ton of issues with the balance shaft and the valve timing as the chain wear. It is also possible that there are issues with the work that you did. I have seen with these manifolds, severe warping and cracking which will cause this to occur. I would start by checking the manifold for vacuum leaks. If there are none then next the wiring needs to be checked for any pinched wires. If that is all fine then I would install a scan tool to check the camshaft and crankshaft sensor readings. If they are off then the valve timing needs to be checked.

3. Code p0010 camshaft actuator comes up, and mis fires. Just replaced intake manifold and these weren't issues before that.