Q: After using car wash, lights started flickering - 2001 BMW 325

asked by on September 21, 2016

After washing my car one evening, I returned home and then later got back into my car. At that time the headlights started flickering. This was the first time I have noticed any problem with the headlights. I am wondering if this happened because of something from the car wash since this was right after it was washed. I have used this car wash for years and never had any problem before. I noticed this time, that some of the equipment at the car wash had been changed. I am considering going to the car wash and telling them what happened and also seeing a mechanic about it. What do you think caused this?

You can hire a technician to look over the vehicle and remove the splash panels to see if water leaked through and came into contact with the vehicles electronic equipment just to be sure. Have the same technician inspect the bulbs, connectors and wiring to the headlights.