Q: Why do I keep getting a P0101 code in my 2011 Nissan Sentra

Service Engine Soon came on. Plugged in OBDII scanner to see what code it was. Turned out to be P0101. I cleaned old maf sensor, put it back, and cleared the code. The code came back after a couple of days. Ordered a new maf sensor, it turned out to be remanufactured but I went ahead and replaced it anyway. I cleared the code and 2 days later, the same code came back. I cannot seem to figure out what the problem is.

Hello. If you are continuing to get the same code then the engine needs to be checked first for any vacuum leaks. The slightest leak in the intake tubes or any of the vacuum hoses or gaskets will cause this. I usually will do a smoke test to find the issue. If there are no leaks then you may have a defective sensor. I do not like to use re-manufactured MAF sensors. If the sensor is known to be good then it may be a circuit issue, which is rare on this vehicle. If you need help with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the check engine light continues to come on] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/check-engine-light-is-on-inspection

3. Why do I keep getting a P0101 code in my 2011 Nissan Sentra