Q: Car squeals when started 2005 Hyundai Elantra

when we start the car lately it squeals. more so now that it is colder. not so much when we have been running around and re-start the car.

Hello - the squealing noise you describe is most likely caused by a worn serpentine (accessory) belt, a weak tensioner for that belt. This causes the belt to slip under a load, and squeal as you describe. This condition will only get worse as the belt wears, until it fails - which will quickly overheat your engine. I would recommend an engine inspection to determine the source of the squeal, by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.