Q: Question

asked by on February 25, 2018

Hey, I was trying to do some work so I lifted my car but I don't know why the factory jacking point is bend. Now I cannot put the jack over there. How can I fix it? If not what other place should I place my jack? Thanks

Jacking instructions for this vehicle are on page 439 of the 2016 Toyota Corolla Owner’s Manual. Note that steel safety stands MUST (must) be placed under the vehicle once it is jacked up. Hydraulic jacks can and do fail with no warning due to internal seal blow-out. Never get under a car supported by a hydraulic jack. The damage to the jack point on the vehicle that you are referring to would have to be inspected first hand to determine what, if anything, the damage means, and whether or not any repairs are required. If you need an inspection of the damage, or assistance with the repair or maintenance that you are performing, please request service and the responding certified mechanic will help you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.