Q: Why won't my 2004 Audi A6 Quattro charge brand new battery??

asked by on April 21, 2017

I have replaced the alternator,filters,starter,spark plugs and cables, this is the second battery I've bought for this car and for some reason the car won't charge or hold a charge for the battery and I have to charge the battery for hours if I go anywhere and right before I loose power the dash will blink abs then the lights will go off and I can drive about a mile or less then the car is completely dead. What is going on??

Battery will not hold a charge Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. Most of the time the issue is in the wire coming from the battery to the alternator. This small wire has a tendency to fail and have high resistance. This needs to be checked first. If that is not the cause then you may have a computer issue. I would need to check that with a scan tool that will communicate with the vehicles main computer. If you are looking to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the vehicle is not charging] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/battery-will-not-hold-a-charge-inspection