Q: Knocking on the right rear wheel

asked by on December 22, 2016

The knocking is begining over 30mph. I try driving over bumps looks fine, but on the highway is knoching. The last few days the temperature outside is negativ, like - 20 fahrenheit (just somebody told me can be from negative temperature)

Clunking or knocking noise from wheels Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle will need to be inspected further at this point. The sound may be coming from the tire, the hub assembly, the brakes, or the suspension. With that being said, a trained eye would be able to perform several tests rather quickly in that area to rule out or help diagnose the issue. Otherwise, if you are prepared to raise the vehicle and do some testing this can be done from home. You will want to inspect the tire, inspect the hub for excess play or wobble, remove the tire to inspect the brakes, and inspect the suspension components. In a serious situation, the damage may be evident enough to see with a visual inspection as well. Look for blown out joints, excess wear on other components, and compare these things to the other tires. For more help resolving the noise, contact our service department.