Q: My windshield wipers don't work.

asked by on December 06, 2016

My passenger side wiper stopped working so I tightened the nut and it worked. Within 2 minutes both wipers stopped and only move 1/2 an inch and then nothing. Took the arms off and put them back on and it worked for maybe 2 cycles then stopped again. What can cause this?

The wiper motor may be weak and need to be replaced. Depending on the vehicle application the testing of the motor power supply should be done to make sure the motor is getting proper power supplied to it. Have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to do all the testing and repairs as needed. Also check wiper arms for reasons why they were loose.