Q: Exposed wires on in tank pump

I replaced my fuel pump with a Delphi. Original pumps wiring went into an encasement. New one is eyelets on a post. No instructions. Exposed posts for electric in the tank is safe?

If the original pump had a cover over the electrical, the new one should also have a cover over any electrical components. It may be possible to remove the other encasement from the original fuel pump and use it to cover the wiring on the new pump. If this is not possible, I would recommend contacting the place you purchased the part from to inquire as to whether you go the correct part or not. It does not seem like a safe idea to have exposed electrical components submerged in a full tank of gasoline. It is very likely that you have the wrong part.

3. Exposed wires on in tank pump