Air conditioning blowing warm air suddenly. sebring v6-2....

Q: Air conditioning blowing warm air suddenly.

asked by on September 18, 2017

My a/c started blowing warm air suddenly, also faint burning plastic smell when the a/c is on and idle.

I first noticed this today when I started my car. I drove 10 minutes and my car blew warm/hot air the whole time.

Hello, thank you for writing in. An air conditioner that is blowing warm is typically an issue with low refrigerant pressure. This can be due to a sudden leak, or it can be due to a failed A/C compressor. The burning smell can also be caused by a failed compressor or the clutch that turns it on. Pop the hood and make sure that the belt on the A/C pulley is not melting and that it is turning at full speed. For more help with an inspection, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.