Q: Where is the Mass AirFlow (MAF) sensor located on this car? 2005 Saturn L300

asked by on December 28, 2016

After driving on hwy for 10-15 mins car starts to lose power. At stop idle goes up & down & shifts weird. Someone told me MAF sensor but check engine lite is not on.. Thx

Car idle is rough Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello - the mass airflow (MAF) sensor is the black plastic cylindrical tube with an electrical harness that goes into the air filter housing on your engine air intake system. I would check for problem codes first however, as the behavior you describe could well be the throttle position switch, or idle air control valve - rather than the MAF. I would recommend an engine inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.