Q: 2007 yaris sputters and stalls in park

asked by on May 30, 2017

Engine sputters and stalls in park. Engine light on

Car starts and then dies Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. In most cases, when your engine runs fine, but will sputter and die when you put it into park, it’s an indication of a vacuum leak, mass air flow sensor or EGR valve problem. It could also indicate an issue with the ignition coil or coil packs. In fact, coil pack failure is rather common with the Toyota Yaris. Since there are multiple possilbe components that are causing this issue, it would be a good idea to have a professional mobile mecahnic from our team come to your location and complete and engine starts but dies inspection.