Q: My 1998 Toyota Corolla won't accelerate

I step on the gas and sometimes it'll work but as soon as I stop it won't accelerate, or it'll just go slow any ideas? I just had engine work done but it was because my engine was misfiring, they did a tune up and replaced wires that had come loose from the shaking, they replaced spark plug, wires, valve cover gasket, and an ignition coil and fuel injector, it took a bit to figure out what was wrong

Hi, thanks for writing in. This may be likely related to a faulty mass airflow sensor which is a unit that regulates air intake as it is mixed with fuel. When this is faulty, it can cause an imbalance in the air/fuel ratio as it is injected into the motor. When this happens it can cause an intermittent stalling or loss of power as you describe. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose and repair. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. Q: My 1998 Toyota Corolla won't accelerate