Q: 2003 Ford Focus overheats with A.C. on took to Midas which replaced the resovoir and still doing the same thing thermostat issue ?

asked by on June 23, 2017

Randomly my car has been overheating when I turn on the A.C. so as I turn it on after a minute it goes completely to the red once I turn the A.C. off it goes straight back to the middle. I took it to the car shop Midas and they ran a test & said I had a crack in my resovoir so they replace it and gave me new coolant after that my car is still doing the same thing I can. it run my A.C. longer than a minute but with out the A.C. it doesn't over heat at all. Some people are saying it may be a thermostat issue and need new oil change but want to know fasure what the issue may be before I spend money and waste it like I did at Midas and help???

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The problem with trying to diagnose this type of issue of overheating when the AC is on, it that it’s very difficult to replicate the symptom and find the root source of the problem. However, in general, when the car overheats when the AC is on, it’s due to an obstruction of coolant within the cooling system. This can range from engine sludge to air bubbles trapped in the cooling lines, or the heater core. It’s also possible that the cooling fan is not working as well as it should. Before you take your car in for repairs, it’s probably better to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete a car is overheating inspection; so they can isolate the source of this problem and ensure the right repairs are completed.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr