Q: Is buying this car for $6200 a good buy?

Is it smart to buy this car with these many miles for $6200

The mileage is not excessive. If the engine was maintained as required, and the car was not abused, you could get another 100,000 miles out of it if you take care of it. The price is in an acceptable range for the year, model and mileage but only if the vehicle is in fact in good condition. Only an inspection can confirm the condition of he vehicle. In order to determine if the car is worth buying you should consider the mechanical condition, whether there are any outstanding manufacturer recalls that the owner has NOT addressed, the status of the title, and whether the vehicle has been in ANY accidents. Accidents (see Carfax) are a red flag and if not incredibly minor require a substantial discount on the price, if the vehicle is even worth buying at all (for example, if Carfax notes air bags deployed, do not buy the vehicle).

Inasmuch as used car repair, maintenance, and restoration costs are highly dependent on the actual, as found, condition of the vehicle, the only way to get a reasonably precise estimate of costs you might face, and also to protect yourself in the transaction, is to request a pre-purchase vehicle inspection. That inspection, carried out by a certified Mechanic, dispatched to your location, will give you the exact data that you need to make a fully informed, intelligent decision and minimize your risk in buying a used car. If you look at the just cited link for YourMechanic’s inspection service, you will see a long list of the vehicle systems that must be inspected as well as details of YourMechanic’s inspection methodology. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Is buying this car for $6200 a good buy?