Q: When starting my car in morning for first time it takes time to start and has a delayed start. What could it be?

Delayed start in morning, I have to hit ignition twice to get it started.any suggestion. Milage on car is 28k miles. I drive 10 miles a day , living in chicago suburbs.

Hi there. Check the battery to your vehicle and see if the battery has a full charge. If the battery has a low charge, then charge the battery and load test the battery. If the battery will no pass a load test, then the battery needs replaced. If the battery is good, then there could be an issue with the fuel system. There could be a tiny leak on the fuel rail causing a small amount of air to get into the system making the engine not start up quickly. To verify this, try turning the key on wait about 20 seconds, then repeat 2 more times. If the engine starts up normally, then there was air in the system. If the engine still hesitates and does not start up quickly, then the fuel pressure regulator could be sticking in the morning weather. If you need further assistance with your engine taking a longer time than normal to start, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. When starting my car in morning for first time it takes time to start and has a delayed start. What could it be?