Q: Car starts fine but once I put it into gear when it’s cold it’ll die unless I let it warm up before going into gear

asked by on December 03, 2017

When I start my car when it’s cold it’ll start just fine but when I put it into reverse or drive it will die every time unless I let my car sit there and warm up for a few minutes before going into gear! But the weird part is if I start it in neutral and put it into gear it will go into gear and I can drive it!

Based on your description it seems like the best option would be to have your vehicle inspected by a qualified professional in order to determine the exact cause of this issue. Consider YourMechanic as this can be done at your home or office.