Q: Cabin air filters on a 2010 Altima

2010 Nissan Altima. How can you know if you have cabin air filters installed right? Do you have to deform it to get in and hope it springs back? I noticed this model doesn't have a tray slides for air to getting passsed.

A: Most of them actually do come with some kin...

Most of them actually do come with some kind of the tray. Maybe yours is lost and you need to get another one. But they do generally have arrows this side up or air flow downwards that show you which way the air flows. And yours, if you have to deform it to get in, then either your tray is missing or you are buying cheap filters that aren’t made well.

Because all those that I buy are nice and firm. They always fit in and they don’t deform. If you are worried or you are buying inexpensive ones, my advice is make yourself a little frame out of Balsa wood or something. Then you can put it in and out at ease. Balsa is easy to work with. You can easily make one of Balsa. Make a little frame and you won’t have to worry about it.