Filled up tires too much, let air out, brake problems

Q: Filled up tires too much, let air out, brake problems

asked by on August 19, 2017

Tires were low. Filled them up to 35 psi. Brakes stopped working. Lowered it to 30 psi. Brakes still not working.

Tire inflation, whether high or low, does not affect the basic operation of the hydraulic brake system. Tire inflation could have some effect on stopping distances though. Reliable, safe brakes are very important, of course, and so to get the braking system fault, that you are writing in about, addressed and repaired, please request a brake safety inspection and diagnostic. The responding certified mechanic will come right to your location, pinpoint the fault and explain in detail your repair options and the cost to repair. Inasmuch as the diagnostic and repair is all carried out on a mobile basis, resolving this will be as economical as possible. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.