Q: starter/fuel pump fuse keeps blowing.

Every time i turn my car on my starter/Fuel pump fuse keeps blowing. it's fine when i leave my car on run, everything powers on, but immediately when i attempt to turn the car over, the fuse blows.

Hi there. This problem is commonly caused by a frayed or exposed wire within the fuel pump or the fuel pump relay. When the signal is sent to the fuel pump by the ignition relay, the exposed wire will create an electrical short. This will pop the fuse first as a safety measure. Tracing an exposed wire or finding the root source of your problem can be tough, so you might want to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete an electrical problems inspection first.