Q: I got a 2014 Dodge Charger V6 and I want to put a 6.1L in it, if it’s possible.

I have 2 more years on my car before it’s paid off and instead of trading it in for something faster I was just wondering if I could build a 6.1L for it? And if so I just need a list of everything so I can start my project

There was a 6.4L engine specified for the 2014 Charger but not a 6.1L. To use any engine other than the original engine you would have to completely change out the vehicle’s electrical system (the engine computers are different) and you would need a different transmission. The alteration in vehicle weight means you would have to change the springs and possibly other components. To answer your question, it is "possible" but it is typically economically impractical to perform these conversions. There are also legal/registration issues depending on your location. It is generally illegal to modify the original emission system and components and engine modification and substitutions do just that so you could run into issues other than just the economics of the swap. If you want further details, and possible assistance with this project, you can book a service appointment and the responding certified mechanic can explain your options and any requirements. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr