Q: After jump start why is check engine light on?

asked by on February 18, 2018

Car wouldn't turn over after I was using the battery to use my phone for awhile. Although battery wasn't dead at all I jump started it and it started . The check engine light is on now , should I be worried? Why is the check engine light on?

When the battery light comes on, this may indicate you may have a faulty alternator or a weak battery as a result of the alternator not properly charging the battery. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to perform a series of tests on your vehicle’s charging system to determine the proper repairs needed.